Report account-piecharts.scm does not work

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Nov 8 08:44:15 EST 2016

On Monday 07 November 2016 18:39:12 Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Monday 07 November 2016 14:07:57 Robert Fewell wrote:
> > All,
> > I have built a new windows gnucash version based on MASTER checked
> > out just before Johns c++ backend stuff as that does not build and
> > I still have the same error with the account-piecharts.scm run from
> > the report "Asset Piechart" or "Expenses PieChart" as they both
> > access the same file.
> >
> > Tried a new file again but the same result.
> >
> > Are you guy's sure you were using a MASTER version ?
>
> Yes, I'm on master.
>
> Can you attach your test file for which your report fails ? If the bug
> is dependent on a certain combination of data, it may behave the same
> on my system. That would help me dig deeper.
>
> Are you using the default report options or did you change anything ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Robert,

The simple test data file you sent me didn't trigger the guile error you got. The report indicated
there was no data to display, so I didn't get a chart either. However that's normal and from how
I read the report it should have tripped over the same guile error in both cases.

Something occurred to me: what version of guile are you building gnucash with ? I'm running
2.0.x. Windows is still on 1.8.x, so perhaps that's the key to the different behavior.

I got your altered accounts-piecharts.scm file and see you have mostly changed a couple of
variable definitions into (lambda) functions. Perhaps that's one of the subtle changes between
the two guile versions or more accurately between the fact that guile 1.8 interprets the file
where 2.0 precompiles it.

I have tested your altered accounts-piecharts.scm and it works fine on guile 2.0. So as far as I'm
concerned you can add these changes in a separate commit to your PR.

Regards,

Geert