Bug advice, and XML markup assistance

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 08:28:38 EST 2016

Hi,

I was looking through the documentation bugs, and saw the request for a new Glossary for the docs, and I have a few questions.

First, does this in fact appear to be a good idea? Or is it a waste of time? If the latter, perhaps the existing glossary on the wiki and various references to a glossary should be removed.

Second, does anyone have suggestions on tools that might be used to extract common terms in the docs, which could then be used as a map for creating glossary entries? I would want the glossary to cover significant terms, and this is one way of learning which terms might benefit from explanation.

Finally, if this is a good idea, what should the markup be in XML? I don’t have any models in the GnuCash docs to follow…

CHeers,
David T.