Are There Plans For A GUI Overhaul?

Ted Creedon tcreedon at easystreet.net
Wed Oct 5 08:09:09 EDT 2016

As a retired Senior Project Manager responsible for maintaining many million lines of code I offer the following advice:

1. Stop and think.
2. Mark up the existing GUI's to indicate changes.
3. Write the New User's Manual and the System Adminstrator's Guide and Reference manual (tedious)
4.  Select an IDE and non make build system (CMake,Scons, etc.)
4. Write subroutine headers that compile and link
5. Complete coding (very boring)

If you doubt my wisdom, ask Scott Meyers to confirm Ted Creedon's advice.

Stay away from C++ unless you have significant decades of experience.

ROM effort for 1,000,000 lines of code / 100 lines per sub /per day = 10,000 subroutines /365= more time than we have..

=> We're prisoners of the existing code.

Ted Creedon, P.E.