Introducing myself

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 11 10:53:41 EDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 2:29 PM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> It is about to be rewritten somewhere soonish. Perhaps at that point
> making it more generic could be evaluated. I don't see how though right
> now.

Somewhat soonish means for the next major release, and I'll be starting on it as soon as I finish the SQL backend. The ultimate goal will for it to import and export to the SQL backend, which will be driving queries. I want that to be pretty generic to accommodate as many old versions of GnuCash xml as possible. I don't think there's enough time to get that into the next major release, though: We've about 9 months before we start the alpha testing cycle.

That does bring up a possible alternative: It's not too hard to write a SQL query that generates XML output, so you could save your GnuCash data to SQL as an intermediate step.

Regards,
John Ralls