Compile on Windows with Python Bindings

Rob Gowin robg at gowin.net
Thu Oct 13 14:54:03 EDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Adam <adam-gnucash-devel at sccode.com> wrote:

> * 21:17:31 OTHER <GLib-GIO> No GSettings schemas are installed on the
> system
>
> Any thoughts on where I might be going wrong? Is trying to compile with
> Python bindings a lost cause?

Hi Adam,

I don't have anything to offer on your first two items, but for the third,
try copying the python binary to C:\GCDev\gnucash\inst\bin as a workaround.
Then launch python from c:\gcdev\gnucash\inst as 'bin\python.exe'. For me
(using CMake though), this avoids the GSettings message and gets me a
python prompt with the module loaded.

Gnucash needs to load the file inst\etc\gnucash\environment to find things
like GSettings schemas, and it tries to find that file relative to where
the binary is (or is run from?). So copying the python executable to the
inst\bin directory allows it to find the necessary files.

Rob