Changing standard reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 01:28:13 EDT 2016

Hello,

Out of curiosity, how might one go about changing the contents of one of the standard reports included with GnuCash? I ask because I was interested in trying to change the General Ledger and General Journal reports to include more meaningful names in the window heading (see bugs 773168 and 773169). However, when I tried changing the text value of regrptname in the scm files for these reports, the GnuCash application subsequently failed to load (as in crashed on startup). Moreover, restoring the original text value or even the original scm file failed to restore operations; I had to reinstall the application. I was under the impression that the scm files were loaded at startup, but obviously I am mistaken.

TIA,
David