Are There Plans For A GUI Overhaul?

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 11:55:46 EDT 2016

On 20/10/2016 06:52, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 20 October 2016 00:31:29 Lincoln A Baxter wrote:
>
>> IMO, you are asking the right (hard) questions... I'm interested in
>> seeing the response to the https://kmymoney.org/ question.  Is this a
>> fork, or not?
>
> I can certainly answer that: No it is not a fork, even though some concepts
> are similar/inspired by GnuCash and it uses the same backends like AqBanking
> and libOFX provided as separate libraries.

thank you

I am aware that this can bring up feelings but is there a document
describing the motivation to develop separately?

for all I know it could simply have been born of the KDE thing of doing
it yourself even if it wasn't necessary and you weren't going to do it
better :)

I think some things could be borrowed both ways but maybe everyone is
just too old and grumpy to talk about it ...

--
Wm