Bug 633590 - Document the GnuCash Reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 09:19:18 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am posting here to alert developers that I (believe) I have made a pull request to have Bug 633590 addressed. Since the reports section of the wiki has been largely filled in, I was able to finally take that information and migrate it over to ch_reports.xml, edit it, and format it for the Guide. The changes are pretty substantial, consisting as they do of descriptions of almost all the standard reports. I followed procedure though (I believe), and I think the information is valid both in content and format.

There were a number of gaps, some of which I was able to fill in, others (such as the Budget reports and some Business reports) I left empty. I believe that pushing forward with what is there is preferable to waiting another 6 years for someone to come along and fill in those remaining gaps (I did make a request on the lists regarding the Budget reports, without response).

Please take a look and let me know if further needs to be done. Bear in mind that if it involves Git, you’re probably going to have to hold my hand through it.

Cheers,
David T.