Development environment on mac

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Fri Oct 21 12:14:58 EDT 2016

Congratulations..

I use Homebrew - and get all my usual Linux tools. No dual boot, no
plugins, just brew.

You might also sign up as an Apple Developer (now free as I recall). You
can then download Xcode and some additional command-line tools. But
Homebrew is the main toolbox.

You also might switch from the GNU C++ compiler to Clang, which is the
normal OSX C++ compiler (also available for Linux). Clang gives better
diagnostic messages. The compile speed and execution speed is about the
same as GNU.

Have fun - BobG