Miniscule Share Residuals

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Oct 29 14:36:55 EDT 2016

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 11:28 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this is right, but the following seems to work:
>
> SELECT  c.mnemonic as SYMBOL,
> ROUND(SUM((s.quantity_num*1.0/s.quantity_denom)), LENGTH(REPLACE(c.fraction, '1', ''))) as SHARES /* rounding to the number of precision indicated in Commodities */
> FROM accounts as a, commodities as c, splits as s
> WHERE (a.account_type='MUTUAL' OR a.account_type='STOCK')
> AND a.guid=s.account_guid
> AND a.commodity_guid=c.guid
> GROUP BY c.mnemonic
> ORDER BY SHARES;
>
> Is that what you meant?

David,

No, but it's probably close enough for your needs.

It would be a challenging set of queries to the right way. The first step would be something like sum(s.quantity_num) group by s.quantity_denom, but then finding the LCD with a SQL query is beyond my fluency in SQL. I'd be inclined to take that result and pass it to a Python or Perl script to do the rest.

Or you could just run Reports>Assets>Investment Portfolio and set "Show Hidden Accounts" and "Include Accounts with No Shares" in Options>Accounts.

Regards,
John Ralls