Confirming Action

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 16 12:11:17 EDT 2016

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 8:54 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> To say I am confused would of course be redundant. I deleted everything, and then re-forked the Gnucash-docs to my own github account. Then I created my local repository and created the new branch there. I thought I was recreating the same situation I had before—but with a new copy of the docs. Is there something more I need to do to allow you to pull from my newly-created fork?

David,

The original PR was tied to the previous incarnation of your github repo. Just make a new PR pointing to the new repo and all should be well.

It might help relieve your confusion to realize that Github isn't just git. They've built a bunch of services around git; pull requests is one of those services.

Regards,
John Ralls