Compiling GNUCash under Debian

Stephen Brown StephenBrown165 at outlook.com
Wed Apr 5 04:50:27 EDT 2017

Hi John,
I have a question for you.
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:12:10 PM John Ralls wrote:

> Since it seems to be a great effort for you to even work a build system,
> I've got a question for you. How much programming experience in what
> languages and what platforms do you have?

I have learnt the basics of C programming thirty years ago.
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Does a young lady need to be a top grade mechanic before being granted a
license to drive a car on a public road?

I can download the Debian source package of gnucash, compile it, run it,
modify the source code, compile it, run it  and debug it in ddd.

On my Debian machine running in a Oracle virtual machine under Windows 10,
gnucash from git does not compile flawlessly at this point in time.

One thing I cannot do (without much study) is to debug a broken build system.
My definition of a broken build system is one that does not cleanly compile
gnucash source code which I have not modified myself.

Regards
Stephen Brown