Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Apr 8 16:18:34 EDT 2017

Dear developers,

some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash donations in
bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in 2014/2015,
recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that channel. To be
precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments received summing up
to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).

As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to stop
this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private key. My
suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address from
the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up a bitcoin
address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for gnucash, but given
the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.

What do you think?

Regards,
Christian