building master

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 22 08:03:24 EDT 2017

On vrijdag 21 april 2017 20:21:39 CEST John Ralls wrote:
> > On Apr 21, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been unable to spend any time on gnucash for several weeks but am
> > about to get started again. I checked out master anew but when I tried to
> > build it, I get:
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld:
> > ../../../src/engine/test-core/.libs/libgncmod-test-engine.a(test-engine-st
> > uff.o): undefined reference to symbol '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3'
> > /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
> > line
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> > Makefile:839: recipe for target 'test-import-pending-matches' failed
> > make[4]: *** [test-import-pending-matches] Error 1
> > make[4]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-new-build/src/import-export/
> > test'
> >
> > This is on Fedora 25 and I know Geert does his development on Fedora. Is
> > anybody else seeing this? Is there a new dependency that has been added
> > that I missed?
>
> Alex,
>

> Looks like autotools picked the wrong compiler for a C++ object. See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6045809/link-error-undefined-reference-t
> o-gxx-personality-v0-and-g. Geert and I have both switched to cmake &
> ninja-build; there's no issue there so it might be a typo in that
> directory's Makefile.am.

It doesn't look like a cmake vs autotools issue. I have rebuilt a clean
checkout with autotools this morning and didn't run into the above. I had to
set an environment variable TZ to "America/Los_Angeles" to get test-gnc-
datetime to pass, but with current master I have to do this as well with
cmake/ninja.

> On the other hand Geert just merged his C++ rewrite of
> src/import-export/imp-csv, so if you have installed libs that are getting
> linked in that could cause the error too.

I didn't test this. I have no system install of gnucash right now.

Geert