Python bindings and Gtk3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 8 02:23:29 EDT 2017

On dinsdag 8 augustus 2017 05:17:09 CEST Mike Alexander wrote:
> > On Aug 7, 2017, at 8:51 PM, Sumit Bhardwaj <bhardwajs at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > For the tab issue, can you share a screenshot or something to that effect?
> > I am on master build and have tabs on right-hand side as well, but it's
> > perfectly usable.
> It’s certainly usable, I didn’t mean to imply otherwise.  It’s just that I
> have to scroll to see all my tabs where I don’t in the old version.  It’s a
> minor annoyance that should be easily dealt with.  I should probably learn
> enough about Gtk3 to fix it myself, but if I start playing around with that
> I won’t get any of the things I should be doing done.  Also, note that I’m
> using the X Window version, not the Quartz version.  The Quartz version may
> be quite different (I’m not sure if it’s even being built yet).

I don't think it's an X Window vs Quarz thing. The tabs in gtk3 are
effectively much bigger. It's a matter of theming. I always get the feeling
the default gtk3 theme has been developed with with touch screens in mind
rather than keyboard/mouse interaction. Perhaps another theme will do better.

Geert