Source directory restructuring

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Aug 13 07:34:48 EDT 2017

On zondag 13 augustus 2017 12:52:34 CEST Geert Janssens wrote:
> On zondag 13 augustus 2017 01:34:34 CEST Alex Aycinena wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > I did a test-by-test comparison and found the following:
> >
> > in cmake but not exactly the same in autotools:
> >
> > Test  #49: scm-test-account
> > Test  #50: scm-test-create-account
> > Test  #51: scm-test-test-extra
> > Test  #52: scm-test-split
> > Test  #65: test-real-data
> > Test  #74: scm-test-load-module
> > Test  #76: test-link-generic-import
> >
> > in autotools but not in cmake:
> >
> > test-import-map
> > test-create-account                     (is this Test  #50:
> > scm-test-create-account?)
> > test-test-extras                           (is this Test  #51:
> > scm-test-test-extra?)
> > test-account                               (is this Test  #49:
> > scm-test-account?)
> > test-split                                     (is this Test  #52:
> > scm-test-split?)
> > test-real-data.sh                          (is this Test  #65:
> > test-real-data?)
> > test-load-module (for app-utils)
> > test-app-utils
> > test-link (for engine)
> > test-link (for import-export)            (is this Test  #76:
> > test-link-generic-import?)
> >
> > I don't see any logs in the test subdirectories after running the tests
> > with cmake like there are under autotools which make it hard to compare
> > the
> > two. Also, it would make figuring out a failure hard to do compared with
> > autotools where you do have the logs. Can this be fixed if we switch to
> > cmake or am I missing something?
> >
> > So in summary the missing tests in cmake seem to be: test-import-map
> > (which, by-the-way, fails randomly from time-to-time), test-load-module
> > (for app-utils), test-app-utils (which is the one that caught me), and
> > test-link (for engine). Not sure about the other ones or which one test
> > corresponds to.
>
> According to Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log, test #74 is test-load-module in
> app-utils. I guess we could improve the test name to reflect this.
>
> I will add test-app-utils to cmake after I finished the directory
> restructuring.
>
> Geert

Oh,

And I also wanted to add that dropping autotools will not be for now. We need
to find a solution for our travis setup before we can consider that. I don't
plan spending any time on that before the 2.8 release, so 2.8 will still
support autotools as far as I'm concerned.

And finally, I can also confirm that intermittent failure of test-imap-
account. We have been chasing this a while back but didn't find the cause just
yet (which I don't really like).

Geert