cpp branch

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 10 08:51:55 EST 2017

Op vrijdag 10 februari 2017 11:24:00 CET schreef Robert Fewell:
> Geert,
>
> Looks like I did too much housekeeping and removed the lot. If I remember
> the only real issues I found
>  were the settings save and load but that was down to you changing it, so
> no issue, double clicking on the fixed width bar when in csv mode along
> with the renderer being dropped in the callback but I think you were going
> to change that part so probably no issue.

Bob,

This is what I remember:
- the context menu for fixed width was no set correctly  because I used
gtk_tree_view_column_get_widget instead of using the header button directly.
This issue has become obsolete as I've moved the context menu to the
treeview's body.
- when loading a saved setting for fixed width data, the column types weren't
loaded properly. This is fixed also meanwhile. My settings handling wasn't
complete.
- You also made one change to prevent a segfault which you fixed by manually
keeping track of a refcount. I'm not sure how to reproduce this.

I do still have a segfault when double-clicking to create new columns. It
looks like this is a bug in gtk though so I'll have to be creative to work
around it. Maybe this is the same as what you worked around.

> I can fetch your branch again if it helps but I see I will also have to get
> John's gnc_numeric changes.

John's branch is not necessary yet. I haven't integrated that yet. I have been
scratching my head over the segfault until now. But feel free to pull my most
recent branch and let me know if your other issues have been fixed by now.

Thanks,

Geert