Building MAINT fails?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Feb 12 20:44:07 EST 2017

> On Feb 12, 2017, at 12:14 PM, Carsten Rinke <carsten.rinke at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks for the hint - that did the trick.
>
> The change was introduced with
> commit f54fc2ff11d4fe8a1b415081fb45f39fd73ba703
> Author: Robert Fewell <14uBobIT at gmail.com>
> Date:   Mon Aug 1 12:45:35 2016 +0100
> Commit: Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> (Di 13 Sep 2016 20:57:14 CEST)
> Add option to recn cell type to be read only
> Use added read only option to make Associate cell read only
>
> After cleaning the installation dirs, it works fine again.
>
> Interesting to see that the building process considers installed libraries ...

I've been blaming the linker for this, but it might really be g_module_open()'s fault. It uses dl_open so the libtool .la magic doesn't work. That goes double if there's an rpath to the dependency. It seems less of a problem with the cmake build because the latter does a non-recursive build, putting all of the shared libraries into a single directory instead of leaving them in their source-mirror locations. It may also set up the environment correctly so that the dynamic linker looks in that directory first instead of the installation directory. Note that Geert discovered a problem with too much parallelism in building a couple of weeks ago, so we need to specify the dependency tree a bit more completely to cmake.

Regards,
John Ralls