Missing dll

Stephen Brown StephenBrown165 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 15 03:19:47 EST 2017

Hi Geert

From: Geert Janssens
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:31 PM
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
Cc: Stephen Brown
Subject: Re: Missing dll

Op zaterdag 11 februari 2017 00:03:26 CET schreef Stephen Brown:
> Hi All,
>
> In a gcdev msys shell running /c/gcdev/gnucash/build/bin/gnucash.exe I get
> libglib-2.0-0.dll, libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll, libguile-17.dll,
> libgio-2.0-0.dll is missing.
>
> Is this still an installation error?

You will not be able to run gnucash from ..../build/bin. It has to be
installed properly, which means at least "ninja install" should have been run
from your build directory (install.sh does this for you).

This will install gnucash in whatever was chosen as the installation prefix.
If you didn't run cmake yourself to define another prefix, gnucash will by
default be installed in /c/gcdev/gnucash/inst/ and it can be run from there,
provided you have correctly sourced devrc.sh before in your open msys shell.

Regards,

Geert

I do in a gcdev msys shell

cd /c/gcdev/gnucash/build

/c/gcdev/ninja/ninja.exe install -> works

cd /c/gcdev/gnucash/inst

bin/gnucash.exe -> missing dlls

How do I correctly source devrc.sh?

Thanks for your patience with me.