cpp branch

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 17 16:09:00 EST 2017

Op zondag 12 februari 2017 11:50:35 CET schreef Robert Fewell:
> Geert,
>
> OK I got your latest changes and all built and ran OK. Needed to reread
> your comment about dates as I could not see what gnc_numeric had to do with
> it !!

Well, they don't. I'm mixing two issues in one...

> Some changes I think required.
> 1. The initial text on the assistant page.

Indeed. Things have changed since you last updated this text.

> 2. If you have selected an account in the combo and then choose to select a
> column instead, the combo should return back to blank
>  as it does in the opposite direction.

Good catch. At some point it did behave like that. It seems one of my more
recent refactorings broke this.

> 3.If you open a csv with a semicolon separator, tick the semicolon setting,
> then the fixed-width setting and now back to separators the preview does
> not reformat with the semicolon separator.
> Not sure if it should or the separator choice should revert back to default.

Another good catch. I think it should reformat using the semicolon separator.
I'll add this to my list of things to fix.

Meanwhile I have also managed to fix the multi-byte splitting issue in the
fixed width tokenizer. I can't produce invalid characters any more by
splitting in the middle of a multi-byte character.

And the newlines are being stripped as well.

Left to do are the points you bring up above, catching date parsing errors and
using GncNumeric instead of gnc_numeric.

Slowly approaching a mergable state. Thanks for beta testing !

Geert