gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 12:16:46 EST 2017

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 10:06 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 21, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> It's weird that this isn't caught by the *compiler* -- isn't an unused
>> parameter a warning/error?
>
> It is by default, but we turn it off in configure.ac lines 1570 (C++) and 1581 (C) because we have so many unused variables littering our code.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

John,

I’m not going to add much to this discussion, except to ask if the removal of unused variables is: a) something worthy of doing, and b) something that could be delegated to a non-programmer in such a way that they would not *ahem* fuck things up worse? Iff both are true, then I would be willing to take a stab in some way. But only if that actually helps with Real Development, and doesn’t hurt the cause.

David