Gtk3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jul 8 12:46:30 EDT 2017

On zaterdag 8 juli 2017 17:25:19 CEST Robert Fewell wrote:
> The file name can be as you stated, I was thinking about the widget style
> contexts, maybe along the lines of GncDenseCal_font_size
>
> Bob

Right. I actually have no idea what is common. The whole css thing is pretty new to me. Did you
find any examples in other applications ?

I believe though there should be a combination of two things: a widget type specifier (like
gncdensecal) and style properties for that widget.

So a widget of type gncdensecal can have a property called "font-size" (note dashes are usually
used in css rather than underscores).

With that you could write css like:
gncdensecal
{
    font-size: 10pt;
}

If you want to alter a property of one particular Dense Calendar, you could use the style context
name you have set in your code, something like this
#DensCalX
{
    font-size: 10pt;
}

That's only highlevel code, not fully verified :) More details explanations and examples can be
found here:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/unstable/chap-css-overview.html

For default gtk widgets this is all available by default. And usually we'd want to use the second
form (altering css properties of one particular widget instead of a complete widget class).
For our custom widgets we'd have to define these widget types and style properties ourselves.

Geert