Translation to Spanish - It seems to be a mistake

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jul 13 10:43:56 EDT 2017

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 6:49 AM, Carlos Molinelli via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> I downloaded the last version of gnucash in Spanish a few days ago.
> I noticed that in the menu "Business" what in English says "Invoice", which is correct, in this version says "Recibo".
> It should say "Factura".
>
> As you know, "Invoice" tells the customer that he has to pay something, while "Receipt"tells him that he already paid it.
> Same in Spanish for "Factura" and "Receipt".
> This was so confusing that I moved to the English version...
> Terrific software!

As I replied on your identical UserVoice item, you’ll have to contact the Spanish translator, Francisco Javier Serrador (fserrador at gmail.com <mailto:fserrador at gmail.com> or serrador at tecknolabs.com <mailto:serrador at tecknolabs.com>). He’s active, having just committed changes last month. I don’t believe that he monitors this list.

Inspecting es.po shows that he uses “recibo” for “invoice” and “factura” for “bill”. In GnuCash “bill” means something that one has to pay someone else.

Regards,
John Ralls