Cmake run from build directory observations

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jul 21 04:58:49 EDT 2017

I was recently reminded one could run gnucash directly from the build
directory when building with cmake.

I have been doing so from time to time now and have found several small issues
with this. I'll report them here so others are aware of them.

First thing I noticed is the string translations aren't found when running
from the build directory. The gui is always in English while a properly
installed gnucash gives me a Dutch interface.

Next when I try Business->Vendors->Find Vendor, the application segfaults. It
doesn't on a properly installed gnucash. The same for Find Customer by the
way.

I first thought this last one to be due to my local work of moving the
remaining business bits into the respective gnome/register directories, but I
can reproduce it on current master as well.

Regards,

Geert