Gtk3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jul 31 15:52:36 EDT 2017

On vrijdag 28 juli 2017 18:07:41 CEST Robert Fewell wrote:
> All, just for information I have been tinkering in the register code,
> mainly on the appearance, hopefully have some thing to pull after the
> weekend.
> What I have done so far is get the header alignment working, added a css
> class to set the background, text and border colours.Changed the sheet cell
> alignment so all the borders are visible, added a css class for the
> GncItemEdit with the border colour used for the cursor and made it fit the
> cell.
>
> Question, all of the css stuff is stored in the application gnucash.css
> file but if that is missing should there be hard coded defaults so the
> register is still readable or should that file missing stop the application
> being loaded.
>
> Bob

Bob,

I'm back in town as of today and I'm slowly processing my backlog.

I see you have been busy while I was away. Great!

To answer your question: I would suggest to use the same approach as gtk
itself does. As the css is critical for the proper display of some of our
custom widgets, it should be included in the form of a GResource [1] directly
into the binary instead of a file on disk that may or may not be present. Gtk
does this for example for its (default) Adwaita theme. More details may be
found directlyin the gtk sources.

Your css work so far and this mail made me think some more about the css
concept for gnucash and perhaps we need to refine our initial idea. I'll post
those in a separate mail though.

Geert

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GResource.html