Building with CMake

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 4 18:02:19 EDT 2017

Hi Rob,

I do have a build file under gnucash and the cache files were located there.
I have deleted all files in it.

I'll take your advice and get a clean clone up and compile that without
modifying anyof the files. I had already modified the files to include a
feature for addinga link to external documents to invoices/bills, etc. I can
then transfer the modified files from the current sources directory once I
have it building successfully.

Having done that I can now identify the problem. I had made the build
directory a subdirectory of the gnucash file created when I cloned gnucash
from github instead of a directory in the same folder. The cmake is now
working OK but ninja is dropping out with an error.

/usr/local/include/boost/mpl/vector/aux_/push_front.hpp:22:45: fatal error:
/usr/local/include/boost/mpl/vector/aux_/item.hpp: Timer expired

Which is clearly something to do with my boost installation - possibly the
wrong version. I hav both 1.64.0 and 1.58.0 installed and it is currently
linking to 1.64.0. That I can sort out fairly easily.

Thanks for your help in sorting me out on cmake. I havent done any C++
development since the mid 1990s , I was trying to get familiar with Eclipse
and cmake at the same time as finding my way around the gnucash architecture
and got myself in a knot.

Best wishes

David Cousens