Changing to C++

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 5 00:32:01 EDT 2017

> On Jun 4, 2017, at 9:23 PM, Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn.com> wrote:
>
> I can put in a good word for Nim ( http://nim-lang.org/ )
>
> It is as fast as C++ (compiles to C/C++), has intelligent (per-thread) garbage collection, a robust type system (if it compiles, chances are it is correct) and has a very lean syntax.
>
> It also works well with Postgresql (probably also MySql, but I use post). It is worth taking a look at.
>
> Developing with Nim can be a lot faster than with C++. The lean syntax helps a lot.
>
> The front-end can also target Javascript for GUI development, although I have not used that feature.

Yeah, there are a couple of hundred languages out there like that, each with its own tiny band of apostles. I'm sure they're all wonderful, but the small number of experienced developers makes them unsuitable for an open-source project that needs to recruit from as wide a pool as possible.

Regards,
John Ralls