Time Frame on Wiki Edits

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Jun 14 11:57:21 EDT 2017

On dinsdag 13 juni 2017 18:17:08 CEST David T. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Two weeks ago, after a flurry of discussion in this list, I and Don
> (doncram) worked to put together a modified wiki landing page, which was
> placed as a sandbox page at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash/sandbox
> <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash/sandbox>.
>
> Since that time, there has been no further activity on any front, and
> although two weeks is not a very long time to let this season (as it were),
> I do wonder whether the Developer team has any sense of what amount of time
> constitutes “the right” amount of time for such a proposal to sit before
> the changes are sent live. I’d like to get the page pushed out before it
> gets lost in the mists of time…
>
> David
>
> @doncram: once it’s time to move this along, how exactly does one convert
> the sandbox to its real counterpart?

David et al,

Thanks a lot for working on this!

I have read through the page and have no remarks. I find it comfortable to
read and well structured, so good to go live IMO.

As for replacing the original home page eventually, I suppose it's a matter of
deleting the old one and moving the new one in place. These are wikimedia
operations I presume reserved to the wiki admins. Unless @doncram has another
proposal ?

Regards,

Geert