Website Platform Discussion

Jim DeLaHunt from.gnucash at jdlh.com
Thu Jun 15 16:58:19 EDT 2017

David:

I love your question:

 > How would translations be handled in a CMS?

For the case of Drupal, there are mature and capable tools for hosting
multilingual content on a Drupal-based website. See e.g.
<https://www.drupal.com/feature/multilingual> I know those tools and
would be happy to help with this aspect of a new GnuCash site.

Eric Theise suggests Jekyll. I don't know Jekyll, but based on a quick
look I can see why people would like it. I don't know how easy it is to
host multilingual content on a Jekyll-based site, but others have
explored this. See e.g.
<https://www.sylvaindurand.org/making-jekyll-multilingual/>. Again, I
would be happy to help with this aspect. It would be a good learning
exercise for me.

       --Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada