Website Platform Discussion

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 21:55:59 EDT 2017

I’ve used Drupal in the past but haven’t touched it in any meaningful way for about 5 years. From what I understand, it has been abstracted from a CMS to a framework for building a CMS.

I presently develop Wordpress sites. Not sure what the present host offers, but some like SiteGround offer staging tools using sub-domains or sub-folders. (that can all be set up manually of course, but some offer it in a few clicks) You can use Git for edits and updates. But that’s really only necessary for the site structure itself like themes, plugins, etc.

Actual content can easily be saved as drafts that can then be later approved and published.

There are plenty of options for user roles with editing and publishing rights.

I haven’t looked, but I would be surprised to not find translation plugins.

You could also integrate a web store really easy using the Woocommerce plugin for donations, developer support, swag, etc.

There are also calendar and project management plugins. Not sure if ya’ll are using any online project management tools yet, but that’s a definite option.

I’d be happy to assist with the build if needed.

-Adrien