Gnucash-git build problems on MacoSX/Quartz

Tue Mar 7 16:07:00 EST 2017

Hi John and others,

I am trying to get the master branch to compile for a week now without real success.

jhbuild builds most packages fine.

here are the manual steps I have done:
I patched guile to not use clock_getcpuclockid; https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23870 <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23870>
I had to build boost with "./b2 address-model=32 architecture=x86” to get a i386 build instead of a 64 bit build
Several modules choked on git dirty trees, which I fixed with "git reset --hard HEAD”

But the final build of gnucash-git fails with:
"ce-9/boot-9.scm:109:20: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libtest-core-guile", message: "file not found"
make[3]: *** [unittest-support.go] Error 1”

I can get around this with calling “make -i”. This will build a gnucash binary.
When starting this it fails with “dyld: Library not loaded: libboost_regex.dylib”.
When starting it with “DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=~/gnucash-unstable/lib ./gnucash-unstable/bin/gnucash” gnucash is starting fine and compiling all the scheme files.

Calling make with “DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1” does not show anything.
John, you mentioned to build libtool with LD_DEBUG_LOADERS. How do I do that?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Christoph