Windows failing on aqbanking

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 13 18:41:00 EDT 2017

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Stephen Brown <StephenBrown165 at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi John
> I have been trying to get a clean compile and execute of gnucash from before Christmas.
> A couple of years ago I wanted to do some development on gnucash but gave up because
> I could not get a clean compile and run.
> I am about to give up again.
>
> The latest issue I have (which I have seen before) is

> c:/gcdev/gnucash.git/src/libqof/qof/qoflog.h:247:51: error: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'LONG {aka long int}' [-Werror=format=]
>        "[%s()] " format, PRETTY_FUNC_NAME , ## args); \
>                                                    ^
> c:/gcdev/gnucash.git/src/libqof/qof/gnc-timezone.cpp:176:6: note: in expansion of macro 'PWARN'
>       PWARN("Caught Bad Month Exception. Daylight Bias: %d  "
>       ^
> At global scope:
> cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-deprecated-register" [-Werror]
> cc1plus.exe: all warnings being treated as errors
> make[5]: *** [gnc-timezone.lo] Error 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/gcdev/gnucash/build/src/libqof/qof'
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/gcdev/gnucash/build/src/libqof/qof'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/gcdev/gnucash/build/src/libqof'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/gcdev/gnucash/build/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/gcdev/gnucash/build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

Interesting. That sailed right through when I built with cmake and Ninja earlier, but it fails with autotools and make. Since that line's been there for some time I imagine it was the upgrade of the mingw runtime I did Saturday to evade another bug that floated this.

This particular one is an easy fix (just change the %d to %ld) but the next one, in qofsession.h is %lu and the parameter is a std::vector::size_type which may be different depending on architecture and C++ standard library implementation, so I'll have to cross-test it a bit. It may be a day or three.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend trying to "do development on gnucash" in Windows. The MinGW environment is finicky and the tools are limited. Linux would be much easier for you.

Regards,
John Ralls