Your build system is broken

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 26 18:59:24 EDT 2017

> On Mar 26, 2017, at 3:10 PM, Stephen Brown <StephenBrown165 at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi John
> I have downloaded and installed the oracle virtual machine software.
> I have installed debian as a virtual machine.
> I have installed yum.
> I have been unable to set up the yum software repository.
> Can you tell me how to set it up please.

Stephen,

Seriously? No, because it's not possible: Debian doesn't use yum, that's for old Fedora (new ones use a similar program called dnf). Debian uses apt-get. It's installed and set up as part of the basic Debian installation. Just open a terminal and say
  sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash
That will install all of the dependencies needed to build maint. http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building has the procedure.

Regards,
John Ralls