ofxhome.com down

Thomas Baumgart thb at kmymoney.org
Tue May 2 16:51:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 May 2017 13:33:07 Derek Atkins wrote:

> +gnucash-devel
>
> Hi,
>
> tl;dr: ofxhome.com is down.  I emailed the owner.  He found out about it
> today.  We should decide what to do.
>
> Long version:
>
> I just heard back from him.  Here's his response:
>
> I just found out about this today. As you can guess I haven't been doing
> much with
> ofxhome.com recently other than keeping it on life support.
>

> My host was medialayer and it turns out that its owner has passed away and
> the
> service has shut down. I should have some old backups available.
> Unfortunately I may
> not be able to access anything recent. I'll continue looking into this.
>

> Does the community have a plan in place? I'm happy to turn over
> ofxhome.com to the
> open source community. Or you can go in a different direction if you think
> ofxhome.com should be replaced (you won't hurt my feelings, it's old!).
>

> So... what WOULD be the plan?  I don't think we even considered a plan..
> We could take it over, but we probably want it "hosted" as opposed to
> "self-hosted"..  I don't know what the platform is/was that he was using.
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?

This hits the KMyMoney community with equal consequences. I would appreciate,
if we can find a solution and join forces here.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

https://www.telegram.org/ Telegram, the better whats app
Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception
of handguns and tequila. --Mitch Radcliffe