Unintended consequences / retrograde behaviour re 2.6.16 fix of Bug 603379 - Prevent changing some Account Options if it has transactions.

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue May 2 23:31:35 EDT 2017

Not sure how much this adds to the discussion, but a long time ago, as a
user new to job market and accounting in general, I was expensing my
pension contributions. As a salaried employee, and as a new contractor, I
was categorizing them as Expenses:Pension

Now I know these belong in the assets column. It was a quick job to
reparent the Retirement account from Expenses to Assets. Agree with Wm if
this is disabled then the gnucash beautiful ability to grow into our mental
model will be lost.

Perhaps we just need to ensure the commodities are immutable, whereas
account type can change... as long as they're not stock/fund/business
accounts.