Unintended consequences / retrograde behaviour re 2.6.16 fix of Bug 603379 - Prevent changing some Account Options if it has transactions.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 8 11:30:03 EDT 2017

"Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am 03.05.2017 um 02:11 schrieb Wm via gnucash-devel:
> 8X---
>> I'll stipulate that Stock and Mutual Fund behave exactly the same, as do
>> Bank and Cash, so those four should be collapsed into two.
>
> In theory the is a difference, but currently  not implemented in GnuCash
> between Bank and Cash:

IMNSHO, the main different between the various sub-types is the
displayed header in the register.  E.g. Cash is Spend and Receive,
whereas Bank is Deposit and Withdrawl, Credit Card is Charge and
Payment, etc.  The underlying functionality is the same otherwise, but I
think it's still useful to users, especially new users, to have the
commonplace headings.