Unintended consequences / retrograde behaviour re 2.6.16 fix of Bug 603379 - Prevent changing some Account Options if it has transactions.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 10 10:21:21 EDT 2017

Wm via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> writes:

>> IMNSHO, the main different between the various sub-types is the
>> displayed header in the register.  E.g. Cash is Spend and Receive,
>> whereas Bank is Deposit and Withdrawl, Credit Card is Charge and
>> Payment, etc.  The underlying functionality is the same otherwise, but I
>> think it's still useful to users, especially new users, to have the
>> commonplace headings.
>
> Hmmmn, somewhere along the way gnc made commonplace headings (which I
> agree are useful labels versus + and - or Dr and Cr) immutable.

I'm not sure I understand your statement here:  "somewhere along the way
gnc made commonplace headings immutable."?  What does this mean?

> I think when it is put that way most people will see the new found
> immutability as a problem not to be solved.

Huh?  How do you come to this conclusion?