SCM reports - dynamic menus?

Cindy Doughty dbdoughty at gmail.com
Mon May 15 20:27:02 EDT 2017

Hello,
Thanks for all of your work on gnucash.  I switched to the program in late
January and think it is very good.  I am trying to create a new report and
have a problem with callbacks.

Can the list of choices for a menu item be dynamic?  Can the list be
changed based on a users selection earlier on the page?  Currently I am
trying to change the list in a multichoice gnc:make-multichoice-option  by
putting the changes in a gnc:make-multichoice-callback-option  but this
doesn't seem to work.

I'd like to have a menu choice as follows:

select time period        month
                                         year

and next to it or below it if month is selected have the menu choice of

                                   Jan
                                   Feb

and if year is selected have the choices change to
                               2016
                               2017

I'd appreciate it if someone can point me to some sample code.

Doug Doughty