Some Assistance Please

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 13:26:21 EDT 2017

Hey Doncram,

Glad to hear you joining the fray. If you look through the list archives, you will see that I am another contributor who is challenged by the Documentation Update procedures (and the wiki documentation, and the fact that there is a decade-old copy of the Concept Guide on the wiki to trip up unsuspecting users…). I would love to offer you advice on these issues, but to be truthful, I have gotten things to work only incrementally, and with many errors along the way. I could perhaps show you how NOT to do this! A little more seriously, I would recommend working slowly through the Documentation update process page, and come to the list each and every time you hit a brick wall. That is ultimately what I did.

As for the wiki login issue, try clearing out your browser cookies, and see if that helps. I seem to recall needing to do that in order to gain access at one point.

David

P.S. To the GnuCash Wiki Protectorate: this is yet another person who notes the outdated and incorrect Concept Guide information available on GnuCash’s wiki. How many more are out there that we don’t know about—and why, exactly, is it still necessary to keep this crap information up on the wiki?