Difficulty with apps-utils

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:13:02 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:24 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> > On Nov 7, 2017, at 5:49 AM, Aaron Laws <dartme18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have made several changes on my branch to avoid kvp parsing keys. The
> > last change I made removes the functions that take char*, but the unit
> test
> > suite does not pass. All tests pass except app-utils which fails with the
> > strange error:
> >
> > (./test-app-utils:6860): gnc.module-WARNING **: Could not locate module
> > gnucash/app-utils interface v.0
> >
> > You can see my code at
> >
> > https://github.com/limitedatonement/gnucash/tree/fix_bayes
> >
> > Can anyone reproduce the problem? Any suggestions?
>
> I dunno if it’s strange. It means that it can’t find
> libgncmod-app-utils.so either because the path isn’t included in
> GNC_MODULE_PATH or because it’s not built yet.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

The reason it's strange is because the last commit (without which this
problem is not manifest) doesn't seem to have anything to do with this
library. The file you mentioned is still at build/lib/gnucash as it is in
the last known working commit (HEAD^)...none of the other configuration is
different? I'm at a loss.

I'm heading away for a day, but I'll continue to experiment when I get back.