Missing glib/gobject when compiling

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Nov 14 00:05:02 EST 2017

> On Nov 11, 2017, at 3:18 AM, Edward Bridges <ebridges at eqbridges.com> wrote:
>>> On Nov 10, 2017, at 7:06 PM, Edward Bridges <ebridges at eqbridges.com <mailto:ebridges at eqbridges.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> So I gave `jhbuild build pgsql` a go, and I may not have been successful
>>> at choreographing the Control-C's to kill the build at the appropriate
>>> times...hard to tell.
>>> I'm not having any trouble building openssl -- it builds successfully.
>>> Even if I run `jhbuild build openssl`
>>> Then I run `make && make install_sw` and it builds for a while and
>>> errors out with the same "Undefined symbols for i386" error:
>>> ```
>>> ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/usr/lib/libpq.tbd, missing required architecture i386 in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/usr/lib/libpq.tbdUndefined symbols for architecture i386:
>>> ```
>>>
>>> FWIW -- here's my gnucash.modules:
>>> https://gist.github.com/ebridges/7df9f3b4b634be28bab5f35a8052b4e0 <https://gist.github.com/ebridges/7df9f3b4b634be28bab5f35a8052b4e0>
>>>
>>> And, here's my .jhbuildrc-custom:
>>> https://gist.github.com/ebridges/521017dcf7795ccd22a9dc5e4e8977cf <https://gist.github.com/ebridges/521017dcf7795ccd22a9dc5e4e8977cf>
>>>
>>> The steps I followed two times, each time from a clean home directory of
>>> a "gnucash" user:
>>> * `./gtk-osx-build-setup.sh`
>>> * `jhbuild bootstrap`
>>> * [`jhbuild build openssl`]
>>> * `jhbuild build pgsql`
>>> * ctrl-c when configuration has finished
>>> * Run `make && make install_sw`
>>> * Fails due to missing i386 arch. symbolsFirst time through, I ran it without the openssl step.  Second time, I
>>> ran it explicitly.
>>> Please advise, thanks!
>>> Ed

> Yes I did -- see the .jhbuildrc-custom that I linked in the gist:
> https://gist.github.com/ebridges/521017dcf7795ccd22a9dc5e4e8977cf#file-jhbuildrc-custom-L24 <https://gist.github.com/ebridges/521017dcf7795ccd22a9dc5e4e8977cf#file-jhbuildrc-custom-L24>
>
> I really appreciate your patience -- maybe I'm pushing up against an edge case or a bizarre situation in my setup.  While I'd prefer to use PostgreSQL, I'm beginning to think I'll just live with SQLite; unless there's something pretty obvious that I'm missing I hate to waste your time.

Sorry, I should have read your earlier message more carefully.

The ctrl-c and make && make install stuff is for openssl, not pgsql. If it’s building for you automatically then you don’t need to do that.

After you build pgsql you need to rebuild libdbi-drivers from scratch, including re-running configure. The easiest and cleanest way is to control-C when it starts and select [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over”.

Regards,
John Ralls