Windows build procedure

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Oct 12 12:48:32 EDT 2017

Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> schreef op 12 oktober 2017 17:24:30 GMT+01:00:
>John,
>Now built unstable and created exe and installed, side note
>bundle-mingw64.ps1 needs changing on line 134 to use 'GNC_VCS_REV'
>
>Still have the same problems, used dll walker on
>libgncmod-aqbanking.dll
>and it was missing libgwengui-gtk3.dll, copied that from the
>unstable/build/bin directory to c:\....gnucash\bin and that satisfied
>the
>dll walker. Started gnucash but still got the same error, maybe I
>should of
>walked on the libgwengui-gtk3.dll
>
>The preference error is to do with the gtk_file_chooser which may
>relate to
>the last error below, you also get the same thing by trying file/open

(Snip)

>* 16:00:14 OTHER <GLib-GIO> Settings schema
>'org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser'
>is not installed

A missing gsettings schema will indeed crash the application, or more precisely it will abort it. Same effect to the user... This is a deliberate design decision of the GSettings folks. Their reasoning being that an application is supposed to know its schema so a missing one is considered a fatal error.

Geert