Divergence of unstable and master branches

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Oct 26 10:08:37 EDT 2017

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 5:13 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Right after tagging 2.7.0a, you have merged unstable into master. This merge
> is a full merge instead of a fast forward although I don't see any commit
> unique to master since the last merge. Did you deliberately choose to diverge
> master from unstable ?

Geert,

I deliberately did a no-ff merge, yes. That in itself doesn’t diverge anything, but it does make a record that the merge happened.

As for “deliberately diverged”, that’s the whole point of having three branches. For example it allows us to merge https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/222 <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/222> sooner than we’d otherwise be able to.

Regards,
John Ralls