Webkitgtk problem

Hamidreza Jafari hamidrjafari at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 19:00:00 EDT 2017

Hello,

Manjaro was running GnuCash smoothly until some system update introduced
quirks. Now I receive this error message:

GnuCash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
cairo_gl_surface_get_width

Then Arch folk provide the solution which requires some housekeeping and
library building. Check the pinned comment: https://aur.archlinux.org/
packages/gnucash/?comments=all

AFAIK GnuCash was planning to move away from the dreaded webkit. Is that
correct? Then how does this new 2.7.1 relate to the problem? Or 2.8.0. I want
to justify waiting for the community build, building from scratch or moving to
another environment for the moment.

Hamid