Fw: VAT Call for Software developers

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 17:22:02 EDT 2017

On 17/08/2017 13:47, Mike Evans wrote:
> I just received this from HMRC.

A comment rather than a reply.

Since spreadsheets will allowed to be used for Making Tax Digital for
the foreseeable future, possibly with a glue application, I'm not
convinced gnc will need anything apart from a report that can be copied
and pasted into a spreadsheet

I've arrived at this opinion by reading a few of the UK accounting
bodies websites, et al where many accountant / bookkeeper people make a
living by putting stuff into spreadsheets and letting the government
know what the sums are.

So long as this simple solution is available and there is uncertainty
about detail (I certainly won't be coding anything in my RL work for
now) why not just think about what needs to go in a report?

--
Wm