bootstrap_win_dev.vbs fails

pjlbyrne pjlbyrne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:07:12 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am attempting to build gnucash on windows. From instructions here:
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows

I downloaded this:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows/master/bootstrap_win_dev.vbs

I ran it but it failed silently.

It prints 'Downloading mingw-get.zip (slow!)...' but after a minute prints a
message (too quick to see) and the window disappears.

I tried running the vbs script from a windows command-prompt, but when I run
it the vbs script window pops up separately just like I had clicked on it in
the folder view and I get no extra debug information when it fails.

Can someone please advise?

Cheers
Patrick

PS gnucash 3.0 crashes on windows for me, previous versions were fine

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html