gnc_add_swig_guile_command compile errors

Rob Gowin robg at gowin.net
Thu Apr 5 16:31:01 EDT 2018

Hello Devs,

There have been a couple of folks who have run into errors when building
3.0 that complain about gnc_add_swig_guile_command (one report on IRC, one
on -user).

This will happen when the build directory is created inside the toplevel
source (gnucash) directory instead of as a sibling to it. When the build
directory is inside top-level gnucash, a reference to ../gnucash on a CMake
command line will pick up gnucash/gnucash/CMakeLists.txt. This in turn
loads gnucash/gnome/CMakeLists.txt which attempts the
gnc_add_swig_guile_command.

The solution is to make sure that the build directory is parallel to the
toplevel gnucash directory. This is a bit confusing because we have a
gnucash directory inside gnucash. The arrangement needs to be

build-cmake
gnucash
+---- gnucash
+---- libgnucash

[I'm not subscribed to -user; could someone please reply to DaveC49 with a
pointer to this message?]

Regards,

Rob