[GNC-dev] gnucash-on-windows issue

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Apr 11 05:46:11 EDT 2018

Thanks for your message. However it should have been sent to one of the
gnucash mailing lists instead of me personally. I have only found it now. You
can find more info on the mailing lists in the footer of this message.

Op zondag 11 februari 2018 12:22:33 CEST schreef u:
> Hi Geert,
>
> message concerns
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows
>
> Following line
> strGCbin = REPOS_DIR & "\src\bin\gnucash-bin.c"
> in
> bootstrap_win_dev.vbs
> fails, because gnucash-bin.c changed its location permanently.

bootstrap_win_dev.vbs is the boostrap script to go with gnucash 2.6 and older.
These versions have recently reached end of life.

The relocation of the sources which you have discovered on the other hand has
happened on the branch leading up to gnucash 3.0 and more recent. To build
those on Windows you can start from setup-mingw64.ps1. More information can
also be found on the wiki page:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_on_Windows

> It's a pity that
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows
> doesn't have issues tab for reporting such issues.

Our official bug reporting system is bugzilla. You are welcome to report any
issues you find there. Refer to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla to learn
how to use bugzilla.

Regards,

Geert