[GNC-dev] Proposed updates to Wiki Build#Ubuntu pages

jeffrey black beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:02:14 EDT 2018

On 04/26/2018 04:11 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 26 April 2018 at 22:04, jeffrey black <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com<mailto:beastmaster126 at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Somewhere along the way I corrupted a system image file installing all
of the dependencies.  As soon as I get caught up I am going to try to
un-install all of them and start from scratch. This time paying more
attention to any error messages.  Whatever I did affects most but; not
all of the the packages I have tried to install since.

What symptom are you seeing?  There is probably a simple fix.

If apt is complaining then often
sudo apt-get install -f
will fix it.

Colin

It seems to be that the problem starts with linux-image-extra-1.13.0-37-generic does not exist even though the system insists it is installed.  versions -36, -38, and -39 are intact.

At this time I have to figure out how to actually put -37 back before I can proceed.  Or get Ubuntu to over look it and use -38 or -39.  dpkg seems to require it, so somewhere there is a configuration file I need to change.

--JEffrey Black M.B.A.