[GNC-dev] New balsheet (and P&L report), API considerations, and (slow?) KVP in Account.cpp

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 9 07:22:09 EDT 2018

> On Aug 8, 2018, at 10:02 PM, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>

> Account Balances are either displayed indented (same as account-depth, with a few exceptions) or single-column. I'd rather not do indenting in CSS because I can't figure out CSS. The CSS style would be “:n columns" or something and I have not idea how this works.

CSS3 does columns, but I don’t see anything yet looking over the Gtk+ CSS docs to indicate they’ve implemented it.

My guess would be to set classes on the accounts for the column position and set left margin or padding on the classes accordingly. (I think Geert mentioned something along these lines in an earlier reply)

Having not taken much of a gander at the report code, I certainly don’t know how difficult that would be or if it is even possible.

Regards,
Adrien